In this article, I get brief details and the policies and procedures that apply to all the Okta certification program’s credentials. By taking the Okta exam, you acknowledge and agree to abide by the terms and rules described in the Okta Certification Program Agreement, in this article, and as described on the Okta Training and Certification website.
In This Article
- Why do you get the certificate?
- Individuals should consider getting Okta certification to:
- Companies that certify Okta also achieve benefits, including:
- Role-based credentials
- Octa Certified Professional
- Okta Authorized Official
- Octa Certified Consultant
- Certified Octa developer
- Take the exam
- Accreditation Program Agreement
- Certificate of Conduct for Certificate Candidate
- Exam interruption:
- Degree the retirement:
- Okta certification life cycle stages
Why do you get the certificate?
Okta Certification is a program for IT professionals to validate their knowledge and skills with an examination. Okta certifications are awarded to individuals, not companies, and set core ability standards for people who manage, implement, develop, and design identity and security solutions using the Okta service. Certifications distinguish the accreditation holder in the market and can be used to further professional career goals. Firms can use certifications to improve competitive advantage by more easily managing employee skill development and hiring new talent with officially approved skill sets.
Okta certifications demonstrate a commitment to success and provide benefits to both the individual and the company.
Individuals should consider getting Okta certification to:
- Gain confidence and industry recognition for your skillset
- Demonstrate experience working with Okta Identity and Security Management solutions
- Improving your performance and career growth
- Distinguish yourself and add new value to the workplace
- Earn portable credentials to enhance career mobility
- Join an elite group of IT professionals who value life-long learning and career development.
Companies that certify Okta also achieve benefits, including:
- The ability to assess the skills and knowledge of your employees against a recognized standard
- Increase productivity
- Ensure that your employees provide comprehensive quality support to your users
- Protect your Okta investment by verifying employee capabilities
- Improving return on investment by accelerating knowledge and adopting new features
- The ability to easily distinguish between qualified candidates in recruiting new talent for your organization
Okta certifications are role-based and are designed to set core skills standards for key technical personnel involved in implementing or managing an Okta instance. Credentials are obtained by passing the Okta certification exam, a series of tests, or performing other performance-based activities. Targeted credentials for inclusion in the program include:
- Okta Certified Professional
- Okta Certified Manager
- Octa certified consultant
- Certified Octa developer
Octa Certified Professional
An Okta knows Okta-Certified-Professional Exam Questions. They know secure identity management and mobility concepts. They have hands-on experience completing day-to-day operational tasks to support Okta service users. Professionals know Okta technology, processes related to simple directory integration, single sign-on union, and application provisioning aspects for user lifecycle management.
Okta Authorized Official
Okta Certified Director runs Okta. They are technically adept at running the Okta service.
They have extensive knowledge of how Okta enables advanced user lifecycle management scenarios that include:
- Portable devices.
- Security policy frameworks.
- SSO options supported.
- Advanced directory integration for cloud and local access.
- Administrators use the Okta policy framework to control user access and understand how to set identity attributes and data transformations with Universal.
- Manual and troubleshooting.
Octa Certified Consultant
The Certified Consultant implements OCTA. They are technically adept at implementing.
Okta service in varied configurations. Consultants have experience integrating popular apps, such as Office 365, G Suite, Box and Salesforce, with Okta. They also have a wide
Define the scope of knowledge and experience and implement complex Okta integrations that include multi-forest and multi-domain environments, Advanced Single Sign-On (SSO), and an internal union with Okta. Consultants have a working knowledge of Okta APIs and custom configuration options.
Certified Octa developer
Okta Certified Developer Builds Safe and Smooth Experiences Using Okta APIs and SDKs. They are technically qualified to work with Okta RESTful APIs and web application development. They have a general understanding of authentication and authorization standards such as OpenID Connect (OIDC) and OAuth and how Okta supports these standards to build authentication, flexible delegation, and role-based access control. Developers also have experience setting up authorization using API access management and implementing Single Sign-On (SSO) with OIDC. they have
Working knowledge of Okta lifecycle management and managerial APIs.
Take the exam
Examity administers and oversees certification exams. Okta has partnered with Examity, a secure online monitoring service, to protect certification exams’ integrity. Online monitoring means they can take exams from almost anywhere at your convenience, without the need to travel to the test center. Okta may, at its sole discretion, choose to conduct in-person court hearings.
Accreditation Program Agreement
The Okta Certification Program Agreement (the “Agreement”) sets forth the terms and conditions that.
Control your participation in the program. You must read the agreement before registering for the exam, as you will not be permitted to register or take any of the Okta certification program exams without agreeing to the terms. Under the agreement, the rights granted to you will not be in effect until you successfully pass the exam and meet the specific requirements for certification or recertification. Violating any of the terms of the agreement may prevent you from taking the test, revoke your scores, suspend or cancel your certification, or prevent you from participating in the program.
Certificate of Conduct for Certificate Candidate
No candidate will be involved in any fraud, breach of security, misconduct or any action.
Compromising the integrity or confidentiality of the Okta test or compromising Okta certification programs’ integrity or confidentiality. These behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Post questions, answers, or any test content with anyone without Okta’s prior written consent.
- Discussing the content of the exam before or after the exam, without Okta’s prior written consent
- Obtain a copy of the Okta exam (by any means, including rebuilding through preservation), or advertise, sell and/or distribute actual test content through web posts, discussion forums, chat rooms, study guides, etc.
- Use of unauthorized prep material (examples include, but are not limited to, “mental dump” materials, actual exam questions, and another unauthorized published test content) before or during the test
- Presenting false documents as a way to present false identity or false address information when registering or taking a test, including impersonating another candidate or asking someone to take a test on your behalf.
- Using forged or modified certificates, grade reports, or other documents or electronic means to distort the certificate’s status.
- Tampering or tampering with test equipment to gain an unfair advantage on the Okta Certification Exam.
- Giving, receiving, or getting the help of any kind on any Okta test
- To cause inconvenience or to act in an unprofessional manner in any testing facility
- Talk to or communicate with other examinees during the test
- Violating the terms of the Okta-Exam Retake Policy or the Candidate Agreement
When a test is suspended, that test will not be available for purchase. it’s a
It is also no longer available for delivery. The discontinued test is removed from production and archived. Certification candidates can no longer take this test to obtain certification. Intermittent tests do not affect certification statuses for current certification holders.
Obtained by passing a suspended test remain valid until the date on which those certificates expire.
Degree the retirement:
When the certificate is withdrawn, cannot obtain that certificate. Certificates already granted remain valid until the date on which that certificate expires.
When the certificate expires, this certificate is no longer valid. Certificates can expire in two ways, both of which are defined by Okta. The certificate may expire based on a predetermined time limit, for example, two years from the date it was obtained or based on the program’s decision. Or, Okta may choose to forcibly win an individual certification, certification program, or a full certification path. Okta will notify the public in advance before any exams are suspended, and any certification is withdrawn and expired. Withdrawn exams and certificates discontinued and expired on the certification website for 12 months.
Okta certification life cycle stages
The following steps describe the life cycle stages of each Okta certification:
- The certification program has been announced.
- The certification test is released to the public.
- Shall announce the suspension of the certification examination three to six months before the suspension date.
- The certification examination has been suspended.
- Shall announce the certificate’s withdrawal three to six months before the withdrawal of the certificate. Note: In cases where Okta chooses to expire the certification program forcibly, the certification will be announced three to six months before it expires.
- The certificate is no longer valid after expiration.